Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad

Dear Dad,

I think about you every single day. I miss you with a pain I could never describe.  It’s almost been two years now, and now that I’m over the initial shock and reality has set in…I hurt in such a deeper way.  I know that you are gone now…and I am no longer searching for you.  This reality hurts more than those first months after you passed away.  Although I can manage/control my emotions better these days…I still ache for you…your voice…your touch.  Not only do I miss you…I miss things for you.  I am so sad because I want you to be able to enjoy your grandchildren…I want you to see them with Mimi and how much they adore her.  You should know Dad that Jack still remembers you.  He knows you are in heaven with Jesus…he told MiMi you weren’t dead…you were alive in heaven with Jesus.  I believe him with all my heart, and I know you are watching us live this blessed life.  Losing you has taught me so much about life Dad.  I am a better person now.  I love deeper and with no reservation, and I understand how precious each day is.  I value my relationships more and I don’t take much for granted these days.  My relationship with GOD has completely blown me away.  I prayed that I would find myself closer to him and there is no doubt in my mind that through losing you I found a deeper love for him. 

Today is your birthday.  I wish you were here, and I long for you so badly.  I remember your huge smile at your last birthday celebration on earth.  I knew it was going to be our last…

Dad, I know you know how we are all doing…we’re hanging in there.  We are still here living life, and most days we are happy, but I know I speak for all of us when I say…not a day goes by that we don’t miss you, think of you, long for you, and remember you.  We love you…Happy Birthday!

Love,

Rebecca

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just looking around and saw this letter, very nice... i miss my dad too

tnx