Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer happenings!

On a whim Brad decided we would go camping in our backyard :) It made me smile.  I loved going camping as a kid…some of my favorite memories were camping.  We’ve been wanting to go, but haven’t been able to pull it together, so instead we camped in the backyard. 

Jack & Madeline thought it was the greatest thing ever. 

They helped Brad set up the tent, collect wood for the fire & make all the necessary preparations to get it all set up! 

My heart was so warm watching their faces…their excitement and sense of adventure…hearing their laughter…

I sat by the fire with Brad thinking there is no place I’d rather be…there is nothing I could possibly want in this moment other than it just to continue. 

Maddy3May 155

Maddy3May 158

Maddy3May 162

For Christmas Jack got an ant farm, and our ants finally arrived.  Jack is my science guy!  He was so excited when the ants came in the mail!

Jack is so excited about kindergarten…I was explaining to him why we had to get shots for K and how they fight the bad bugs so we don’t get sick, and he said, “oh shots have soldiers in them!” I love the way you think Jack. I can’t believe someone else gets you 5 days a week next year…its breaking my heart…

This reminds me…the other day we were passing a bunch of RV’s and you said, “Oh that’s car living! I wanna do car living” …so funny.

Maddy3May 163Maddy3May 167Maddy3May 175

Madeline is my free spirited…high maintenance…daddy’s little girl for sure…and momma’s only little girl! With this combination we have to be very careful not to spoil this little darling! Brad danced her around the kitchen like this one evening, and she was on top of the world. 

I watched them dance and my eyes filled with tears thinking of her wedding day when the love of my life would give his little girl away...and they’d dance.  I know how fast it will come. 

Maddy3May 178Maddy3May 180Maddy3May 183

Brennan…oh my.  He sat and watched Brad & Madeline dance from the couch.  I had to snap a picture…he thought it was the silliest thing.  Brennan…you are so busy I just don’t know if I will be able to catch up with you…you go through every thing you can possibly get your hands on…its quite a mess…but you are so sweet, snuggly and for sure…our baby.

Maddy3May 186

No comments: