Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father’s Day

This day is always such a day of mixed emotions for me.  I think of my sweet Dad and my heart aches for him.  The sting is still so deep and the burning of tears behind my eyes is always there, but in a way it’s a comforting feeling.  It’s my part of him  that’s still with me….a deep raw emotion that honestly I don’t ever want to go away. 

Man, do I miss that man.  Happy Father’s Day Dad.  I love you so much. 

While sometimes I’d do anything to have you here with us now, I’ve found myself at a point in my faith that I know that somehow someway this is all part of God’s greater plan for us.  There is no doubt that in losing you I love deeper, appreciate my friendships more and value them in a whole new way, I don’t rush onto the next phases in life, and instead truly try and find meaning in the present moments…even the toughest ones...

I can’t wait to see you again.  Boy, do I have some stories for you! 

jesswedding

When I found this picture I immediately noticed how my parents were holding hands.  What a beautiful example of true love…

The first few weeks of Brad being gone I immediately thought of my mom.  The feeling of loneliness she must have felt and probably still does…a feeling I can’t imagine but have gotten a taste of with this deployment.   To have your everything, your best friend…GONE…I hurt so bad for myself, but couldn’t get my mom off my mind…I almost grieved again in another way for my Dad & my Mom.  She was amazingly strong after my Dad died…stronger than she should have been.   

medad1

medadbrad

And in the midst of missing my own Dad, I am completely overwhelmed with joy & love for Brad, the most amazing Dad I could have ever dreamed of for my kids. 

DSC_1434

You are our hero, a light in our lives, someone we admire, and look up to. We love you so much & can’t wait for you to come home!

There is not a day that goes by that these kids don’t talk about you & miss you!

Happy Father’s Day sweetheart!

No comments: