Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Toledo Bend

When I was a little girl my Dad used to take my sister and I camping all the time. I remember gathering wood to make the fire at night, feeding ducks, taking walks at night with our flash lights and looking for deer, and cooking on the Coleman gas grill. We'd have hotdogs with chili for dinner...and roast marshmellows for dessert. Camping with my Dad and sister is one of my favorite memories from when I was younger.

While we were home for Jack's 1st Birthday, we took a trip with my family to Toledo Bend State Park and went camping. We stayed in cabins on the water. We went fishing, tubing & kayaking. We also did some swimming in the lake. The water was suprisingly clear and it was really fun. Kayaking was my favorite event b/c I'd never done it before and I loved it! The trip was really nice...mostly b/c we got to spend time with my family...especially my Dad who hasn't been doing very well lately.

Here are a few pics from the trip.

Jennifer, John Scott & Ben fishing from the Pontoon boat.
My Mom & Dad with Jack

Jack was very interested in all the buttons!

1 comment:

Haley said...

That looks so fun! I'm glad you guys were all able to take a vacation together!