Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

“Funny the way it is…if you think about it”

Last week I went home at a lovely & ripe 8 months pregnant.  My dad hasn’t been doing so hot, so I wanted to see him before I had Madeline b/c I knew I wouldn’t see him until May otherwise.  My fabulous in laws drove Jack & I home with them, and we booked a flight from Houston to SA to get back home(b/c my dad had a planned surgery in Houston.) Yes, I flew home with Jack sitting on my pregnant belly :)  He was actually an angel the whole flight!  I asked him if he wanted to lay down and take a nap on me, and he did it!  He slept the whole way!  It was a great trip, but a tough one I’ll say.  Being this pregnant with a very busy little boy is quite challenging at times.  Thank goodness I had my very helpful mom and sister to help me out! 

Now we are home and getting back into our routine.  I love routines.  It makes my life so much easier. 

Updates on Jack---

Jack is still sleeping in his big boy bed, and he’s doing great.  He pretty much lets us know when he’s ready to go to bed by telling us “night night” or he just starts giving good night kisses and walks to the gate at the bottom of the stairs.  I never dreamed it would be this easy, but it is :)  He sleeps all through the night, and when he wakes up he just calls my name through the monitor….easy breezy.

He has become quite a talker lately! He repeats almost anything we say, and he adds more and more words to his vocab every day!  I’ve been trying to teach him words like “help” “please” “all done” “up” for awhile now, and he’s finally using them rather than crying to get what he wants. 

His favorite things to do still include playing with balls, his guitar, his “choo choo” & his tool set.  Did I forget going outside??? He LOVES to be outside!  He also has a new found love for painting, which he calls “pretty” b/c my mom told him one of his paintings were pretty so he’s associated that with painting :)

Updates on the baby in my belly---

I’m a little over 32 weeks pregnant, and I still can’t figure out where the time went!  I’m starting to really feel “pregnant” now.  We still haven’t decided if we are going to try a VBAC or do a repeat c-section.  If I do the c-section we’ll be having a little girl in 7 weeks!!! If I try for the VBAC…then we’ll wait for me to go into labor & see what happens :)  I’m pretty nervous about the VBAC, and to be honest I’m leaning towards the nice & easy planned c-section.  Who know though…I’m known to change my mind on things pretty frequently.

Here are some pics from the super bowl party we had. Yes, Jack is wearing LSU b/c we didn’t have any SAINTS gear for him :( and you can’t find it anywhere in San Antonio & I didn’t have enough time to order something.  At least he was representin’ our home state!

superbow 016 superbow 007 superbow 008 superbow 011 superbow 012

Patiently watching the game! 

No comments: