Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

a few steps back...

It's been a week and a half now and my dad is still in the ICU. He can only have two visitors at a time for 30 min. in the morning, afternoon and at night. Us kids have been taking turns in Houston to visit him and be with mom...while some how trying to maintain our lives back at home. It's not an easy adjustment back and forth...from one world to another almost. It's wierd to see people going about their day and to think about my dad in that hospital bed.

Today they started my dad on dialysis b/c now his kidneys are giving trouble. He's also had to recieve more blood and get back on blood pressure support meds, which he'd come off of last week. His liver is still getting worse everyday. I don't know....they said there would be days like this, so I'm trying to stay hopeful.

There is one thing you can do though if you want. If you are a donating blood kind of person you can donate at any LifeShare blood donation center or at St. Lukes in Houston, TX under my Dad's name. They ask us to get people to do this to help replenish what our loved ones use. By now my Dad has recieved almost 3 total body blood transfusions. If it hadn't been for donors there's no way he would have made it just due to blood loss. Donating blood SAVES lives! My dad's name is Bert Wainwright.

You should also consider becoming an organ donor...We've met so many people in waiting rooms whose loved ones(children to adults) have recieved organ transplants...their sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, grandparents...lives saved b/c of organ donors. One day an organ donor will save my dad's life.

No comments: