Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The house that built me…

Every time I hear this song I think of the house that built me.

the house that built me 003

The memories flood my mind and overcome me.  This was the home where my parents built their dream…L’Atelier-A Child’s Way Preschool & Kindergarten…got engaged & fell deeper in love…started their family…and made thousands of beautiful memories.

If I close my eyes I can still feel the leaves beneath my feet, hear the wind blow through the trees, and I even remember the way it smelled. 

Along the side of the house I played countless days in my dad’s boat…made mud pies…kept my bicycle.

Further to the back I’d swing on our swing set, fill the baby pool each summer, and watch our cats scale the top of the fence in amazement.  I remember the cold grass on my feet while my sister & I danced around our Christmas tree each year singing “O Christmas Tree” as my Dad trimmed the bottom…

That back yard was the end of my long days of riding bikes, building clubhouses & many other adventures in the neighborhood.  That front yard was where I’d follow my Dad behind his lawn mower…the newly cut grass making a “track” for me to run through…It’s the grass I fell on learning to ride a bike…and where slip n slides were laid all summer long.

We lived upstairs & the preschool was downstairs. Upstairs was where we made a “rainbow path” of pillows and built sheet forts…made Barbie worlds…and where “Sin & Karen” was made up{an imaginary game of two moms and their babies Jennifer and I played} :) 

I dream about going back and walking through our old house.  Considering I can barely type this post right now, I’m not sure I could handle walking through it…although I’d love to.  

When I think about our old house I feel so lovedIt reminds me of what a priority we were for my parents…how much they sacrificed for us & how much they loved us.  They gave us a safe home full of opportunity to be the children we deserved to be…adventurous, creative, imaginative

There are three things that remain---faith, hope, and love---and the greatest of these is love.

Corinthians 13:13

No comments: