Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Soaking them up…

It was a sunny afternoon, so when Brad got home from work we headed out to Destin.  There’s a spot on the beach with a playground and a few restaurants.  The kids played and Brennan snuggled because it was so cold.  So amazing to me how preschoolers don’t mind the cold, but Brennan…his little teeth were chattering so Brad snuggled him up and he was so content.

photo

I love living here. 

I could stay…it’s just so far from home…and it breaks my heart how little the kids see their grandparents.

I guess we will see how it goes once the job hunt begins…in about 3 years.  3 years will go by fast.  Time goes by fast.  I’ve really LOVED my new understanding of this.  So long to always moving onto the next thing…you know what I’m talking about.  When you were in high school…you wanted to be a senior…when you were a senior you wanted to go to college…when you were in college you were ready to be done…then when you finished college you wanted to settle down and get married…then you got married and then you wanted to have kids…then you had kids…then you wanted them to walk or talk…and if you continue to do this in life then you find that while we are wishing for things in the future we are missing the future we wished for in the past. 

yep.

I know.

I wrote those bold print words in my special notebook when I was in high school.  My own little quote I created…but I only started doing it during residency…about 6 years after I had written it.  And I REALLY REALLY started do it lately. 

photo(1)

photo(2)

 

photo(3)

Jack and his imagination…I will never get tired of it! He is such a fun kid!

photo(4)

No comments: