Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

those mean nurses!

Jack had his 2mth appt. today---He weights 11 lbs 14 oz! He's doing great...well he was doing great until they gave him his shots. It was so sad...in fact next time it is Brad's turn to take him. First he held his breath so long it got uncomfortable for everyone in the room...then he started screaming like I've never heard him scream before...and didn't stop until I consoled him in the waiting room for about 10 minutes. We went home and I nursed him and layed him down for a nap. He slept for a really long time and then woke up screaming(something he never does)...so I tried everything..nursing him, checked to see if he was dirty, etc. Nothing was working...he kept screaming like he was in pain..it was a different cry than I'd ever heard before and sooo sad. I tried calling the nurse, but they were closed...so I called Brad and we decided to give him some Tylenol since they said we could give him some for fever. He finally settled down and fell asleep on me, but for the past couple of hours he's been waking up suddenly and crying for a second or two and then falling back asleep. :( It's been a sad day for my baby boy and I, but we'll make it...I know.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I know what you mean, Rebecca. The "I'm in pain" cry is definitely different than the "I'm hungry" cry, and it's so sad to watch--makes you want to cry too. I had heard that nursing them while they get their shots makes it less painful. I tried it, and it seemed to work...