Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Babysitter Bliss

Before we got married we took a Catholic marriage prep class where we discussed lots of things...and I have to say all of our little discussions really did "prep" us for many things we've stumbled upon so far in life. One of which was how are we going to make time for ourselves. We always said we'd get babysitters and be sure to continue to go out to dinner, etc. The trick is....finding a babysitter....an even harder trick when you live somewhere where you don't know anybody! Luckily we met our neighbors who have three young children and we've been able to switch off with eachother and watch eachothers kids. Its been really nice and we've been able to go out every once in awhile, but I knew at some point I'd like to find someone I could pay b/c I didn't want to be asking for favors all the time. The good news is....I found someone! At the first gym I was a member at I met a girl who worked in the nursery. I always liked all the girls that worked in there. They always loved Jack so much and he was always happy when he was there. Well, one day I asked one of them if she babysat and she said yes and I got her number. Well for a looonnnggg time I didn't call her, and then the other day I decided to just see if she would be interested in watching Jack every once in awhile. She said ofcourse...so I got some references and made the calls and to make a long story short---she babysat for us the other night and she was great! We decided to just do dinner to see how Jack would do, and it turns out that he did great! Before leaving I explained how he's a little finicky with who he takes bottles from and how....and how he's not the best sleeper in the world(although he's been sleeping through the night for the past week-knock on wood). I totally expected for him to still be awake when we got home, but low and behold he was fast asleep in his crib. She was really sweet...she said Jack actually fell asleep on her while they were sitting on the couch.

Anyways, it looks like we have a babysitter!

No comments: