Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wow

A friend blogged about this article below, and I was so emotional while reading it.

image

http://www.catholicmothersonline.com/2012/01/comparison-kills-contentment/

I wasn’t sure at first if it was just those crazy pregnancy hormones kicking in, or if it was just that I knew it was so true & felt so relieved knowing that I got it. 

Or that I was at a point in my life where I understood what the writer was saying & my proudest moment…that I’d started to live it.

When I started my “spiritual journey” over a year ago now…the contents of this article were some of the things I struggled with the most & still do at times.

I’d write about what the author says, but she wrote it so beautifully I hope you’ll click on the link and read it for yourself.  Its on a Catholic website, but I can assure you that anyone will find it comforting.

Hebrews 13:5

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, ”I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Luke 12:15

And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

No comments: