Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day to Day

With this 3rd little angel in my belly I’ve had some tough days.  They are getting better though…

Being sick every day never knowing when you are going to feel better makes you think of those who are suffering from cancer, chronic pain, etc.  I want to be as strong as some of them…

Each morning I wake up, and it’s a struggle.  I hope that its not another day of survival.  I think of all the people who have it worse and I tell myself that I can do this…It’s going to get better…and I have to focus on my life rather than how sick I feel.  It’s spirit breaking, but I know I’m stronger than that.

Life is such a roller coaster.

I have a friend who writes http://raisingoaksofrighteousness.blogspot.com/ and although she may not think it…she is beautifully inspiring.

She’s been having tough times lately too, and she recently started a “What I’m thankful for…” list.  She adds to it each day.  I remember back in college I was in a rut…I googled “dealing with depression” and someone recommended starting a “What I’m thankful for…” list.  I typed a long list and taped in on my mirror in my apartment bathroom.  I read it every morning and night…and it was amazing how it helped.

In case you don’t get to check out her blog I’m gonna share some of her beautiful words with you.  I found them the other night just when I needed them.

2 Samuel 7:18

18 Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said:
“Who am I, Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?

The Author of the devotional (Chuck Swindoll) says:

"It's important that every once in a while we sit down, take a long look at our short lives, and count our blessings. Who are we to have been protected from the rains that fell and the strong winds that destroyed regions, leaving hundreds homeless? Who are we that He has blessed our house and kept it safe? Warm in the winter . . . cool in the summer. Who am I, Lord, that You should give me health and strength to be able to hold a job or pursue this career or get this degree? Or to have parents who have encouraged me? Or to have these great kids and to see them grow? Who am I?"


Who am I, Lord, that I should be so blessed to walk along this rich, amazing path? By your grace alone, I am who I am, where I am today. Who am I, Lord, that you would love me so much?


So I’m not always the greatest wife, mother, friend, cook, housekeeper, teacher, shopper, blogger, anything… But, by His grace alone, I am who I am. And He will work good in me and from me.                     By His grace alone.

IMG_1455

Look at the beautiful family I was just born into.  My life could have been so different…so much harder with a lot less love. Thank you lord for giving me such a beautiful start…

IMG_2049

I knew good things were in store for me, but I never imagined you giving me Brad.  He’s more than I could have ever asked for…absolutely one of the greatest ways you’ve shown your love for me. Loving him like I do…I never thought I could find a love so pure and strong…its through you that I love him. Thanks you—he’s so deserving--

Jack's 3rd Birthday 070

And then on top of all of that…two perfectly healthy, beautiful children that have been one of the biggest confirmations in life that you are my God, our creator, and you love us unconditionally.  I’m forever grateful.

No comments: