Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Preschool…at home..for now at least :)

Sometimes being in the house with Jack Attack can make for a long day!  I considered doing a Mother’s Day out this year, but we were going to be out of town ALOT, and I just wasn’t ready to give up any of my time with him just yet!  I figured next year he’d be three and ready to venture out! 

Since he’s so busy…I decided to do a project with him as often as I can manage between all my other household “duties” and taking care of Madeline.  So far its gone pretty well!  Here’s what we’ve been up to!

This week we painted a pumpkin, talked about the color orange, and this weekend we are going to the Pumpkin Patch! I thought it was very interesting how Jack painted on the shapes in the face rather than the whole pumpkin. Just goes to show you how kids aren’t always thinking like we think they are! He loves his name by the way, which we make sure to talk about every time I write it on his work :) Fall2010 005 Fall2010 003

Our last “theme” I should say was FIRETRUCKS, circles(think wheels on fire trucks), and the color red! I always try to choose something Jack is interested in! I made this color matching game for him…we talked about the colors, and the fire trucks were exciting for him! He really enjoyed matching them together!

286

Here we read the Very Hungry Caterpillar and made this caterpillar out of circles.  We actually made two b/c he loved it so much!

290

Here we put together a fire truck(what you see on the yellow paper)…I printed out all the pieces of a fire truck and Jack glued them on the paper then painted the fire truck!  He insisted on painting another fire truck so I printed another picture of one out for him to paint(what you see on the white paper.)

247

Here he is just painting with the color red!  He loves loves to paint!  I bought this easel at IKEA for $15!!! It works great!

267

No comments: