Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Special Place

I've always had this list of things I want to do at some point in my life. One thing thats been on my list forever is growing a garden. Finally this spring we did it!

Brad helped me build the frame and get everything prepared to grow my precious little fruits and veggies. We went to Lowes and bought all the materials we needed.

I have to say there is an art to creating just the right environment to actually get things to grow and produce fruit. It's been really fun, and I've enjoyed keeping everything alive. I actually love going out to water in the evenings and watching everything grow. I've learned so much already, and it seems like every other day I'm looking something up and learning something new! I can't wait to start harvesting! I'm already looking forward to my fall garden and already have plans to expand the one I have now...so I can add potatoes, corn, peas and who knows what else!
=I'm growing tomatoes in the two pots b/c they take up so much room and actually grow easier in a pot, squash, onions, strawberries, bellpepper, cucumbers, zucchini, watermelon, basil, parsley, rosemary, and shallots!

1 comment:

Haley said...

cool! I want one!